Hey guys! I have some amazing news! I have been nominated for a Liebster Award! Being a new blogger, I had to google it and see what the rules were regarding it! This award is for new and upcoming bloggers, who have less than 1000 followers. I have been nominated by Kelsey Burchett who is an amazing blogger from California. Thanks Kelsey! So these are the rules: You must answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you, you must add 11 random facts about yourself, and then you must tag 5-11 new bloggers and ask them 11 random questions. So – let’s get this started!
Questions from Kelsey:
1. What/Who inspired you to start a blog?
I have always loved to write. And it just seemed natural being a diehard beauty lover, to eventually merge the two. It is honestly relaxing for me to write my blogs, and I enjoy every second of it!
2. If you could act in any movie, what movie would you choose?
Probably one of the Sex and the City movies. To be in the presence of that wardrobe, would be an absolute dream! Also, any movie that has Clint Eastwood (Circa age 40-ish) as the leading man.
3. 3 things you want to do before you die?
Picking only three things seems so hard! Besides taking over the world … I want to go sky diving, live somewhere on the ocean with a loving family (and a huge makeup room), and get to the point where I can write as a full time job.
4. What is your favorite kind of outfit to rock?
I love a distressed pair of jeans and a simple white tee. There is something so sexy about that kind of outfit to me. I love a good pair of heels as much as the next girl, but nothing beats a sexy casual look!
5. What type of music do you like?
I love all music. Honestly, the only music that isn’t really my cup of tea is Jazz. I find it a little hard to follow. I can be listening to anything from Adele, to James Morrison, Queen, or Snoop Dogg (or Lion …?) You never know what you will hear when you get into my car and the radio turns on!
6. What kind of traits make you unique?
This one really made me think. My answer would be, I really am not unique. And I don’t think that’s a bad thing. I am just a simple girl getting through life, and trying to enjoy time with the people and animals I love. I try to make good choices, and I make mistakes just like everyone else.
7. If you could marry any celebrity in the world who would it be?
Clint Eastwood. No question about it.
8. Are you currently employed (If so, where)?
I am – I work full time as a Beauty Advisor, and I also freelance, doing different makeup gigs!
9. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Oddly enough – Playing with makeup is huge. But I do love spending time with my animals, going for walks, and if the weather is even remotely warm, you can find me at the beach.
10. Favorite move?
I am assuming this means favorite dance move. To which I answer, running man. Or Beyonce’s Crazy in Love ass shake. I break both of these moves out several times a day!
11. Where do you wish to travel?
My biggest travel desire would be Ireland. It looks so incredibly beautiful. I would also love to see every island on the planet if it was possible. And India … So many places!!
Eleven Random Facts about me!
1. I can normally eat a 220lb man under the table. I have one of the biggest appetites you will ever experience, but I often forget to eat, and have to be reminded, usually by Sabah, because I get SO cranky when I am hungry!
2. I love to thrift shop, go to yard sales, and do DIY projects.
3. Every time I go to Dairy Queen, I get two mini sized Blizzards instead of a small, because I can never make a choice and settle on one flavor.
4. I have the biggest hands that you will probably ever see on a woman. I can palm a basketball and have the same sized hands as my 6’4 boyfriend! I also have large feet!
5. I always use man razors. They just work better.
6. I cannot stand clothing that comes near my neck, or that feels scratchy or bunchy. I seriously throw a fit like a 3 year old if I feel too constricted.
7. Ironically, even with my neck phobia with clothing, I am OBSESSED with scarves. I probably have over 70 of them, and I continue to purchase them. They are taking over my closet.
8. I still have an original iPhone 4. I am a 95 year old woman stuck in a 25 year old body. My friends are constantly telling me to get a new phone, but I just can`t let go of old faithful.
9. I get attached to things very quickly, and I also love to name things. Case in point, my car, Ruby. People that have met me only two or three times will refer to my car as Ruby, and the thought of parting with it makes me incredibly sad!
10. I have a crippling fear of sharks and tsunamis, but I love the ocean and spend most of the summer in it.
11. I am the worlds best eater. Meaning I am not picky at all. The only thing I would not eat again is Octopus. My friends love how easy I am when it comes to food.
Blogs that I nominate:
1.) Vibrant Beauty Blog
2.) Pen & Ink
3.) Beauty Lit
4.) Little Beauty Buddha
5.) Little Irish Beauty Box
6.) Pink Little Bows (I had to nominate her back, she has such an amazing blog!)
Those are my picks, and here are your questions!
1.) If you could be a color, what would you be?
2.) Would you rather wear the same blush or the same lip color for the rest of your life?
3.) What is your absolute dream job?
4.) Favorite guilty pleasure?
5.) Be honest: Do you wear sunscreen everyday?
6.) Are you a dog person or a cat person?
7.) Have you ever smelled Angel? What are your thoughts on it?
8.) First thing you grab when your skin starts to breakout?
9.) What is your best childhood memory?
10.) Favorite beauty service to have done at a spa?
11.) Say you win the lottery tomorrow. What is the very first thing you do?
OK – Phew, long post! This is such an amazing thing that happens for bloggers, I have already found some awesome blogs through this, and I encourage all bloggers to participate in it!
Happy Nominating 🙂